A nurse will contact you the confirm your appointment time. You are expected to be at the Center at least 60 minutes unless otherwise instructed, before your scheduled surgery/procedure time. Completing the online health history questionnaire, (One Medical Passport), will expedite your check in process.
- Do not eat anything after midnight the day before your surgery unless you are specifically told to do so by your surgeon or anesthesiologist.
- You may drink water/Gatorade (no red) up until you leave your home to come to the center.
- You may bathe or shower in the morning of your procedure. This will help you feel more refreshed and reduce the risk of infection. You may brush your teeth.
* – Joint replacement surgeries should follow the bathing instructions as outlined in the joint replacement app.
- The Center requires you to arrange for a family member or friend to drive you to and from the Center and remain at the Center during your procedure. The effects of the anesthesia and surgery will prohibit you from driving.
- If you have not completed the online health questionnaire bring a list of any medications you may currently be taking. Check with your physician regarding which medications you may take on the day of surgery. On the day of surgery, we recommend that you take your normal complement of medicines (with a sip of water) with the exception of blood thinners, oral diabetic medication and blood pressure medication.
- Patients that are insulin dependent diabetics/insulin pump users should refer to their doctors for instructions.
- Do not apply any lotions, creams or makeup prior to your arrival as this may interfere with your procedure.
- Wear comfortable clothes. Remove all jewelry and leave all valuables at home, including any jewelry. Lockers will be provided for your belongings.
- Prior to surgery you will asked to remove your eye glasses or contact lenses, as well as, dentures or bridges.